LS Drivetrain Conversion
We work hard to preserve the vintage vibe and aesthetic of these old trucks while making them work in our modern context. One of the most beneficial changes to reliability, performance and fuel economy is a LS drivetrain conversion.
Having several dedicated technicians work on our LS drivetrain builds, with years of experience specifically converting Scouts, has allowed us to perfect this conversion and continue to increase efficiency and quality.
Base price (truck provided by customer):
- Scout II starts at $18k (Complete Drivetrain)
- Scout 800 with a factory V8 starts at $24k (Necessary upgrades include; power steering, power brakes and rewire.)
- Scout 80/800 with factory 4 cylinder starts at $27k (Necessary upgrades include; power steering, power brakes, rewire and extra sheet metal work removing/modifying radiator bulkhead for fitment.)
Our base swap includes:
- Used lower mileage 3rd gen 5.3l (refreshed gaskets, tune-up and water pump)
- 4L65 4-speed automatic transmission
- Refreshed NP241c transfer case
- New Tom Woods driveshafts
- New engine wiring harness and computer
- New aluminum LS designed radiator and hoses
- New heater hoses and control valve
- New fuel lines, pump and filters
- Integrated factory automatic shifter (Scout II) or Lokar shifter (80/800) w/ upgraded indicator (PRND321)
- Integrated transfer case shifter
- Integrated factory gauges and sensors with OBDII port
- 2012-2015 Gen IV engines available
- New GM crate engines available: 5.3-6.2l
- Rebuilt transmissions available: 4 speed, 6 speed auto (6L80), 5 speed manual
How long does a swap take?
- Typical conversions take 30-45 days on average with full integration plus some time for test miles. Each truck is still unique and each has its own qwerks therefore we like to put between 200-300 miles on them before they go out the door.
- We book a limited number of LS swap slots a year, to reserve a slot, you may either send us your truck or place a non-refundable deposit.
- Basic Interior work
- Basic sheet metal repairs
- Roll bars with 3 point seat belts
- Workman Bumpers
- Roof rack
- Extended range fuel tank
Includes 6 month warranty on parts and labor. Any warranty work must be approved by Anything Scout and will not exceed the cost of original parts and labor.
We do not build partial swaps. We only build what we can guarantee quality on. For this reason, we also do not do paint and body work on this level build. Our next level is a Full Resto (complete frame off build) which begins at $75k.
LS Swap Project History: