LS Swap Help: Transfer Case NEW
LS Engine Transfer Case Models & Price Ratings:
|$$||Novak and Advanced Adapter (adapter plates for Jeep Dana 300)|
|$$$||Atlas Transfer Case|
General information about the NP241c transfer case:
- Make sure you get a passenger side drop NP241c – most of these cases were drivers side drop.
- In order to work with a GM automatic transmission you will also need a VSS plug on the transfer case. These transfer cases with the VSS plug are found in 1990–1991 Chevy Suburbans or K5 trucks.
- If you are running a manual transmission, or a different transmission without VSS, you can find those in 1988–1991 models.
- If you have more than 4 inches of lift on your truck we recommend installing a Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit (SYE) on your transfer case in order to reduce the severity of the rear drive shaft angle.
- The 4l60 needs a 27 spline output shaft. The easiest way to identify this type of transfer case is inspecting to see if they have a long taper on the output shaft (see below).
- The 4l80 and 6l80 need a 32 spline output shaft. The easiest way to identify this type of transfer case is inspecting to see if they have a very short taper on the output shaft (see below).